Neukadye designs and develops websites & applications for the iPhone/iPad (iOS devices) and Android devices. Here are some recent examples:
BigOven Recipe Applications - iOS and Android Applications
BigOven is a cooking community with one of the largest collections of online recipes, and the strongest suite of mobile solutions. With more than 7 million downloads BigOven iOS application support a powerful collection of recipe feature; recipe discovery, grocery lists, menu planning and much more. BigOven apps are consistently ranked at 5 stars in the iTunes app store.
Neukadye was instrumental in designing and developing these applications as both best of industry, and first of industry. Working closely with BigOven to ensure these applications were first to market for chefs & cooks, the applications annually win industry awards. BigOven credits over half of it's traffic to these iOS applications.
These iOS applications support:
- Contextual Advertising (over a variety of platforms)
- Online (and offline) capabilities via BigOven's JSON API.
Bird ID Application - iOS and Android Applications
Working in conjunction with the National Wildlife Federation.
Neukadye was instrumental in designing and developing these applications, consulting on the specification to ensure it fit corporate constraints and privacy concerns.
The iOS and Android applications both support:
- Geolocation (to the state level)
- Integration with Facebook (photo capture to Facebook album.)
- Integration with a Facebook application, via XML web-services to NWF.
- Audio playback (bird song samples.)
WildObs is a community website for wildlife enthusiasts. Users sign-up and enter their natural encounters, uploading photographs if they have them. WildObs maintains their life-list, slices-and-dices their data, and aggregates all encounters. Google maps, geolocating, feeds and integrations put this data to work...
- Ruby on Rails, Apache Web Server, MySQL database (LAMP)
- Mobile and standard Web content, Phorum forums, WordPress blog
- Integrations with:
- National Wildlife Federation
- Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Foursquare, Flickr, QR codes
- Google Maps & Geocoding services, Google Charts
- Feed Reading (RSS/Atom)
- Constant Contact (e-mail delivery.)
WildObs Observer is a mobile application allowing you to capture, record and share your wildlife encounters through via WildObs website. Get out in the wilds and re-connect with nature or report the critters you view on a road trip.
- Location services (GPS locating.)
- CoreData/SQLite3 database for offline operation (with synchronization.)
- HTTP/JSON client connectivity to the WildObs.com API.
- Image download and two-finger zoom.
- Accelerometer integration.
Find out more about this iPhone Application on the WildObs blog